Rebekah & Logan | the couple

Wednesday

I am in LOVE with this session. 
This session holds a very special place in my heart. No one reached out to me for this. No one had this idea, but me. I was in a rut. I didn't want to take another session because I was becoming frustrated with myself. I felt like my images were starting to look like something that I just didn't want. Now don't get me wrong, I am unbelievably proud of every single session I do, and if I'm not, I make it up to my clients and ask them if they would like ANOTHER session. Luckily, that has only happened once, with a not so happy 2 yr old! :) But there is something about having a creative outlet that is incredibly personal. Even though clients contact me and ask me to photograph them, every single session is like a little mission for me. I want to better my craft, better my imagination and better how I see people...the real people. Not them standing in front of a camera. 
I did a small casting, haha, not really. I posted on FB if a young couple wanted to have their pictures taken. And guess what! Rebekah and Logan fell in my lap!!! :D 
Rebekah was actually in Keely and Scott's wedding last year so I was happy it was a familiar face! However, I was not ready for how awesome Logan and Rebekah were, not only with me, but together! They are stinking adorable. Not in a gushing, omgsh, I'm going to be sick to my stomach adorable, but in a quiet, sincere, and completely genuine way. 
I already knew the location. An abandoned house. Now which abandoned house was another story. I wasn't in the mood to break any laws, have a house fall down on our heads, or get eaten alive by guard dogs, so I was ecstatic to find this little gem off of a not so quiet street. 
Here is how my amazing self-reviving session took place. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! 



This left picture just gets me. I can't help it.






Cushions and chair are brought to you by people leaving awesome pieces behind. :) Thank you previous owners! 



Isn't Rebekah insanely gorgeous!? Ahhhh, her smile is contagious! 



This one might be my fav! 
After night started to fall, I knew I wanted to do some late fire pictures. I have been wanting to do a session like this for a while, but knew that after winter, it probably wouldn't happen for a while. I wanted to play with some off camera flash which turned out ok...practice makes perfect right? 
One thing I did take away from our little escapade, make sure your firewood is DRY. I was in a rush and grabbed from the wrong pile. Whoops. :)



Rebekah and Logan, thank you so much for being my guinea pigs! You two were perfect and I couldn't be happier you sought ME out! :D
Smiles,
Kayla F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |