Berkeley Botanical Gardens Wedding | Kelsey & Michael Married

Tuesday


Kelsey & Michael's day was truly magical. Something I tell every client, especially when we start getting into the more hectic or stressful days leading up to the wedding day, is that their day will be wonderful, magical even. Its true - your veil might have a whole in it, the band might be 30 minutes late, or if you somehow get bacon grease all over your jacket (ahem, Michael) but in the end you are marrying your best friend. What is better than that? 
This couldn't have been more true for K&M. A little bacon grease was no worry (thank you to my AMAZING second shooter Cassie for going all Martha Stewart and hand washing Michael's jacket) and there was SO MUCH emotion all day long. Just wait until you see and read about their first look! 



One of my favorite (and unexpected) moments of the day was when Kelsey walked downstairs after getting in her dress and became so overwhelmed by being surrounded by her ladies! Its these little moments that are unexpected, but hold so many of the emotions of the day.

And speaking of emotions, its about to get real. Kelsey and Michael's first look was what every photographer DREAMS of for a first look! Emotion, excitement, tears, but most importantly, two incredibly in love people coming together and focusing on just them for a few minutes of the day. This is why my heart will always love first looks.

In setting Michael up for the first look, he had his eyes closed the entire time and pools of tears were already beginning to flow. I use Kristen Bell's quote all the time to describe my personality, "First thing you should know about me, if I'm not between a 3 and 7 on the emotional scale, I'm crying." so of course...this made me start to cry. And then Kelsey started in. They hadn't even seen each other yet and we were all a complete mess, but in the best way possible. 


Oh Kelsey and Michael, where on Earth do I even begin with these two?! Not only am I over the moon that Amanda Vidmar Design brought us together, but more importantly, I'm honored that every time I saw you two I received the BIGGEST hug and smile and most genuine conversation. From having beers at Vesuvio and talking non-stop about our pups all the way to chauffeuring you two around the hills of Berkeley, I am truly humbled that I was able to be a part of this most important day for you two. I honestly just adore you both incredibly. 

Smiles,
Kayla F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |