Golden Gate Club & Inn at the Presidio Wedding | Kari & Yoni Married

Wednesday


When you meet in New York and you pull out all the stops to have your first few dates here in San Francisco, you know that this love will journey together forever! Kari & Yoni are a legit Yin and Yang couple...in the best way possible. Yoni is adventurous, affectionate, super silly and completely head over hills for Kari. Kari is poised, articulate, insanely sweet and knows how to roll with Yoni's crazy antics. Their day was filled with laughter, heart-felt speeches and so many beautiful Jewish traditions. 


Walking in and seeing Kari having her final hair and makeup touches done and seeing her custom Jinza Couture Bridal gown completely set the mood for the day. Kari is a classic beauty - she said she used to always hate being "so pale" but realized when she was older that its not pale, its porcelain...and its so true, she's simply stunning. Marisa Perel kept her fresh, clean and classic and her Schutz shoes added that pop of fun & modern flair. 

When I got downstairs to see Yoni, you could tell he was anxious and excited to get the day rolling. Their first look was to be quick and simple but they are easily some of my favorite images of the day. Yoni knows how to make me laugh (and drive me slightly crazy) and that is what I love about him. His Brazilian energy coupled with his humor make him so perfectly unique. He and Kari balance each other so perfectly. 

Witnessing a traditional Jewish Ceremony is always a treat! I love the immense amount of symbolism that goes into every detail. Kari & Yoni introduced me to a couple of new traditions such as the tish and bekeden - where the groom visits the bride before the ceremony and veils her after confirming it is, indeed, his intended bride. This was one of my favorites times of the day because Kari was surrounded by all the ladies in attendance, but was seated beside both her mother and her soon-to-be mother-in-law. She held both of their hands and the excitement was palpable. Yoni entered the room with both his father and soon-to-be father-in-law who then blessed Kari with a short prayer. I love how included the parents of the couple are in these traditions; from the tish to walking down the aisle with their children, all the way to standing under the chuppah, it shows that the parents are always a part of the life that is being built. 

On a personal/business note: I am unbelievably proud of this wedding - literally tears came to my eyes as I was putting together this post. The images below are largely film and I honestly have to thank my incredible assistant and second shooter Cassie for being such a support in this new endeavor of mine and thank Kari & Yoni for having the faith in me to go for my vision. Seriously, I can't thank you all enough! 



             









Kari & Yoni, I loved every single second of your day. Your family was amazing and your friends were so sweet and it just goes to show the incredible people that you two are. Thank you for trusting me and for FINALLY kissing! ;) 
Smiles,
Kayla F

Planner And Something Blue | Photographer Kayla F Photography | Assistant Photographer Cassie Valente | Floral Designer Rito Ito | Getting Ready Venue Inn at the Presidio | Ceremony & Reception Venue Golden Gate Club Hair & Makeup Marisa Perel | Kosher Caterer Too Caterers | Invitation Suite & Paper Goods Miss Design Berry | DJ DJ Rufio | Kosher Cake Have Your Cake | Dress Designer Jinza Couture | Shoe Designer Schutz | Suit Suit Supply | Photobooth Say Ya! Photobooth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |