Thankful

Thursday

Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday! So many people always ask "Why? Isn't Christmas your favorite?" Don't get me wrong, Christmas rocks, but Thanksgiving was always the time of year where I got to see my entire family! I didn't grow up with my grandparents right down the street from me where we saw them every Sunday like so many of my friends did. My grandparents lived 6 hours away! So going up to Covington, VA to see them was a huge deal! It didn't matter if I spent Thanksgiving with my Gammy and Pawpaw and the whole Dressler side of the family, or if we went and had a delicious meal with my Meemaw and Papaw and the Folks family; we got to spend time together. To me, that is the essence of Thanksgiving. Spending the day with the people you love the most. There are no expectations (except that the ham better be a Virginia spiral and not honey baked), but just hanging out with my amazing cousins, my hilarious and usually always crazy aunts, hearing the best stories and having stimulating conversations with my aunt and uncle...these are the memories that have literally consumed my childhood and now adulthood. 

So now that I'm done being mushy, here are some special reasons why I am so thankful this year. 2011 has been a pretty fantastic year; not just for me personally, but also in pursuing my dream of becoming a photographer. So I am going to leave you with a couple of pictures from each of my sessions this year. Whether it was completely smitten couples, big bellies, crying babies or the big day, I have grown to love all of my clients. You all are so incredibly special to me! I'm thankful for each and every one of you!


































Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |