for Love of Film

Thursday

There are many times at weddings when I am asked how much film I use while shooting. I sadly have to reply back that I don't shoot film (as much as I wish I did) but that most photographers shoot digitally nowadays. However, there has been a resurgence in film over the last 3 years or so (maybe even longer than that) and the film wedding photographer is on the rise. :D I purchased a film camera back right before we headed to Paris for our honeymoon. I honestly couldn't imagine Paris being captured any other way. There is something about the grain, about the finish of film that just radiates a different feel entirely to an image. Some people experience this feeling and some don't. Rob just doesn't understand what I get so giddy about, and that to me makes the feeling I get more special. Not everyone is meant to shoot film. Not every event is meant to be captured on film. To me, its a special occasion, a rarity, a feeling that is incredibly difficult to explain (as I feel like I have done a horrible job so far).

Now I am by NO means a film photographer. I am a film "dabbler". I am currently having to almost relearn how to shoot. One thing I can say, however, is that my regular shooting has improved since I've been playing with film. I take my time and focus on light, settings, composition, everything before I press the shutter.

I would love to get to a point with film where I am able to go "hybrid" meaning shooting digital and film for engagements and weddings, but I'll stick to doing this for me at the moment. Here are just a few captures that I took during the 2013 wedding season. :D I'm excited  to work more and learn more and develop (pun totally intended) this love and skill even more!













Smiles,
Kayla F




No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |